Hi

Thanks John for your comprehensive update on 'the state of the Orbx nation'. Looks like once my system is once more running as it should, I will be spending some cash.

Kind regards

Ian

24 minutes ago, John Venema said:

Early prep work is already underway for openLC South America

This is very, very good news.  I have been hoping that Orbx would consider South America.

• Upvote 1

Many thanks for the excellent update. This is also the first time I hear of a forthcoming Kern Valley release. Looking forward to this and the openLA North America release, ... well, and some more items too on this exciting list :)

Bonjour,

Thank you very much @John Venemafor the feedback.
As I seen nothing concerning the OLC Europe, am I right if I I say that with the disgnostic tool, all blurries textures since the migration will be a bad memory ?

Just technically, when ORBX have time, I will be interested to understand what cause the blurries textures, and the extra cpu usage which seems related to the new unified lclookup .

Merci

Cheers

Claude

• Upvote 1

Kern Valley? Very interesting looking airport in a perfect location. Lake Isabella was already in the rumor box in some posts.

Splendid update all around, especially it's Côte d'Azur and BuildingsHD I'm looking forward to.

I am loving my ORBX earth! fantastic work everyone.

That's a lot of new stuff, but don't forget there is also the big update patches for FTX England region and the adjacent regions NRL IRL SCO and WLS in the works too!!!

Edited by seby.h

Status report is most appreciated.  I am also one of the 'few' afflicted with apparently all the post-migration problems (FSX).   Incorrect textures, blurries and performance issues (stuttering and freezes/pauses not present pre-migration).  I'm not completely clear however if Ben's migration fixer tool will address the blurries and performance issues.  Perhaps with missing files being properly corrected with the tool, such problems will also soon become a distant memory.    I remain concerned the missing files are unrelated to the blurries/performance issues and that will unfortunately represent a show stopper for me.  

I've seen nothing thus far, but perhaps I missed it, representing an acknowledgement from the Orbx team that the blurry/performance problems being experienced and reported over the last month, are even related to a failed migration.  I'm certain many customers similarly affected would find a word or two from the team on this subject most helpful.

As much as I'd like to continue buying future Orbx products, it would make no sense for me to buy additional wonderful scenery to install in a crippled sim, which state is how I would presently describe my post-migration fsx.  Should the intended migration corrections not eliminate these other problems, or if these problems are indeed somehow inherent in the new lclookup and related changes, I'd be forced to find some way to revert to pre-migration status and 'lock in' that state for all time.  As much as I'd detest that, my preference would still be to have a properly working sim, even in the absence of future Orbx products that rely on the new lclookup.   Here's hoping this concern will be unrealized and I can continue Orbxizing my sim world.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, fuzz1 said:

I've seen nothing thus far, but perhaps I missed it, representing an acknowledgement from the Orbx team that the blurry/performance problems being experienced and reported over the last month, are even related to a failed migration.  I'm certain many customers similarly affected would find a word or two from the team on this subject most helpful.

I agree, it is also not clear to me if the blurry performance problem is related to a failed migration or something else not yet analysed.
The only thing I know is that everything was nice before. I do not understand why I am in the 2% of unlucky, because I have a very standard installation.
So a word from the team would be reassuring. Honestly, nothing is said in the initial post about the blurry/perf problem.

Cheers

Claude

Blurries are *always* related to conflicting LC vying to display the same class of textures. I can assure you that blurries can be cured with a proper migration.

Almost all the problems people are experiencing are related to the makeup of their sim addons and an incomplete migration process.

Thanks John,  the assurance you provided is extremely comforting.   Waiting patiently for a proper fix is that much easier, knowing there will absolutely be a light at the end of the (blurry) tunnel. 

4 hours ago, John Venema said:

We may invite a group of a hundred or so customers to beta-test the new store, and this will involve migrating their FSS accounts to OrbxDirect and then making a purchase in the new store. We will naturally offer a discount to those customers for offering to be guinea pigs for us :)

maybee you offer this first to the people,that have the mess after the central update,if it work on there pc´s,then it work maybee on every :lol:

Edited by banjoman1960

Wow, that's quite the update. There's a lot there I'm looking forward to being released. Thanks John (And the rest of the team working hard behind the scenes).

Always great to have the news updates John, it makes us feel that we are indeed always considered. Looking forward to all of the new products and changes as I have had some problems in the past with the odd one but these are rectified quickly. If asked would be glad to be a "guinea pig" beta tester of the new store. 

Hi John,

This is excellent news and I'm looking forward to the new releases. I also want to say thank very much for the Vector 1.4 update. After installing it Europe has become a lot more flyable. There are still blurries and autogen does not work everywhere as it should or could (tested only south of EDDF) but it is all in all a whole lot better now.

I hope the fix Ben and the others are working on will be released soon and that we can call this a thing of the past.

Cheers,

Arthur

Hi John,

I haven't many problems but would be more than willing to do an advanced review of the update.  I have a high end system and a large number of ORBX sceneries installed.

Tom

I am retired with a fair amount of spare time.

Edited by THibben

As one of the 1-2%, many thanks for the effort you have all been making and for the update.

I have just finished installing all my ORBX stuff into P3Dv3 and you know what, even when the landclass clearly is wrong it is still pretty stunning to fly over!

Where does the figure 1-2% come from? Is it possible that NOT everyone with problems post it on the forum? 

Jack

the Swede in Spain

• Upvote 3

John (or other Orbx staff)

Any idea how far off the diagnostic tool is from release, and is there anything that should be done in advance/preparation for it??

Regards

Steve

Thanks as always for keeping us in the loop John. Great to hear about the last of the P3Dv3 compatible scenery.

John, thanks for the comprehensive update, would you kindly expand/clarify/explain the statement "includes an option in the configurator to disable FTX Australia for max compat"  Are there problems with Australia?  Why should we disable FTX Australia.

Thanks

Ken

Sydney AUS

• Upvote 1

Can't wait for everything to get implemented! Would love to help test the new store as I am having the blurries and would love to get it cleared up with a fresh install

Also could spend some cash for some upgrades

Edited by GrumpyOldGamer

45 minutes ago, Ken Terry said:

John, thanks for the comprehensive update, would you kindly expand/clarify/explain the statement "includes an option in the configurator to disable FTX Australia for max compat"  Are there problems with Australia?  Why should we disable FTX Australia.

Thanks

Ken

Sydney AUS

See JV's post in another thread for an explanation:

yes john, thank you .    I was really ready  to give up on orbx hopefully this wiill fix the blurries i am having  sims not worth flying  right know because of it