After 4 days of uninstalling Orbx and reinstalling it again to get rid of the forest in Death Valley it came back after installing Global this afternoon.  I'm done.  I'm going back to FS2004 and California Classics 1960s propliners and scenery.  I seem to be the only one with this problem and I am way out of my league here.

No, FS2004 is not as beautiful and glamorous as P3D/Orbx but it is a lot less demanding.   Such a high maintenance mistress is out of my class.  I'm dumping Bambi Glamorpuss for Dora Kowalski in the mail room.  She doesn't get a headache every time I want to take her flying. 

Hope you don't mind if I hang around this forum even if I'm not an Orbxer anymore.  I kinda like the people and the conversations.

Noel

I certainly hope you stick around, I'd miss your stories and observations (I might be from an entirely different part of the world and generation, but a lot of your comments resonate very strongly with me). That said, I really understand your decision, I'm again at a point where I'm considering just throwing in the towel. While I do appreciate the new developments in P3D, they come at a cost that I increasingly find unreasonable. First we lost the windsocks at non-payware airports without being offered anything to replace it, and now the latest release messes up airport scenery (the hotfix that was supposed to help still doesn't give me correct buildings at Tongass Fjords airports, taxiways and excludes at Don Grovestine's freeware fields, etc.) without giving anything in return. I spend more time trying to make things work than actually flying... This is getting ridiculous... Enjoy your new-old platform ;)

Tym

I can empathize Noel. When I was a young boy my father told life was too short to dance with ugly women. And, to me also, the P3D/ORBX/Migration lady isn't looking too good lately. I scrapped it and went back to FSX with only a complete North America loaded. I'm using the last set of "non-migration" libraries and FSX boxed. Hopefully things will be right again this way if I can just keep any sort of "migration" out of the picture. For sure, I'm not going to be adding anything. Right now it looks pretty good - but who knows..........

Sometime early last year I, too, threw in the towel and said to-hell with it. But, I'm back and I hope you will be back soon also. In any event, please don't leave the forum(s). It would be a big loss to many of us who really enjoy your style.

If this installation goes belly-up maybe I'll come to Roswell and we can take a trip up into the mountains with a couple of bottles of good Scotch. At least, that way, we won't have to be again tempted to dance with an ugly woman wearing a sexy dress with a stuck zipper.

Doug

Edited by Triplane

Everybody knows the last migration caused all kinds of problems.  we know ORBX are working on correction, why abandon the tunnel when you are almost through to daylight on the far end.  Simulation in May 2016 was magic I am sure in September 2016 it will be great again. FS9 seems pretty drastic.

Regards

Ken

• Upvote 1

1 - Make it The Glenlivit and you're on Doug.

2 - No, Death Valley is one of my ten most favorite places on earth and I love to explore it.   And I've uninstalled and re-installed too many times to make a career of it.  And I'm not good at troubleshooting computer problems.  Since nobody else has a forest in Death Valley it has to something wrong with my system that I'm not smart enough to figure out.

3 - But Ken, once we're out of this tunnel there's going to be another one.  This is like riding the California Zephyr up the Front Range and through the continental divide.  32 tunnels in all. 

I'm not a purist.  Flight simming is not an avocation with me, it's a pastime.  And flying the MAAM DC-3 to so many of the major airports in the world existing in 1962 during the transition from propliners to early jets is kinda fun too.  And California Classics makes all those 1960s airports without gates and turn-around parking at the terminal.

Noel

Because, Venturi, I'm going back home.  I'm going back to familiar ground.  I'm returning to something I can trust.  Something I know.  FS2004 and California Classics scenery, aircraft, and programs are my old neighborhood which I am thoroughly familiar with.  The programs are turnkey.  No tweaking or troubleshooting required.  Steam would be brand new to me and I'm not ready to invest my time and effort into unknowns anymore.   At my age I want to relax; not get frustrated.

Noel  

Hi Noel,

Just out of interest, I run FSX  SE straight off the Steam site, no tweaks whatsoever, and FSX runs great, I have every single Orbx product and a couple of UK2000 extreme airports installed, and even on my now very modest rig, everything runs good, I wouldn't go back to boxed FSX after using Steam...

May be worth a try mate,

Cheers,