Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Interesting download speed

When I opened up FTX Central this morning, I was told to update my library to version 160528. No big deal I thought and clicked ok. Then this window showed up :o

FTX.jpg

Well, instead of waiting 173 days for the full download, I thought to better cancel it and go to the Fullterrain site and download it from there. Took me only 27 minutes instead ;) ;)

Only 8 minutes for me Bernd but then I could not get my damned anti virus to scan the file so a had to restart my com.

Anyway all is ready to install on my FS PC so fingers crossed as I am itching to see how this works.

I'm getting ridiculous download speeds in FTXCentral as well. Manual download is bouncing all over the place.

I'm getting ridiculous download speeds in FTXCentral as well. Manual download is bouncing all over the place.

Mine was about 200-500KB/s for the first couple of minutes Then it settled down to 1.2 -1.5 MB/s. Probably took about 20 minutes to download.

Larry

My FTX Central hasn't advised me of the update at all.  Weird.

Anyway I'm trying to download manually now.  Wild fluctuations in speed.

Jas

I knew not to even try it when I saw the size and pulled it from the Google Drive at my max speed, 15MB/s.  Much faster than FTX Central has ever done.  I do look forward to that being worked on, making updating a much simpler, quick process.

Same issue here, terrible download speeds from FTX Central. However downloading manually from Google Drive, I got 32MB/s.