active Slow Loading Textures

Really regret purchasing SoCal scenery thus far. I have everything installed on my main SSD. Apart from FSX crashing when flying into any part of the SoCal scenery, I cannot get the textures to load fast enough for me to see them which defeats the whole purpose. My settings arn't maxed out by any means. I have every box unchecked in the configurator as well. Autogen is set to dense, Scenery Complexity is set to Normal. Also using FTX Global as well if that helps.

My first suggestion is to disable the AI traffic , ASN, Rex and soft clouds, reduce water effects to a low level, then take the default C172 for a flight with complexity highest and autogen very high, with fine weather setting.  If your system is working well you should be able to fly in good frame rates.  Then you can gradually ease in various add-ons and settings to a level that is a suitable compromise.

If you don't get good frame rates you might need to see what's choking your system.

You don't say what i7 chip you have.  When I had the i7-920 at 4 GHz it would struggle a bit in SoCal complex scenery.  With my i7-4790K at 4.6 GHz I get adequate fps over LA as long as I don't load up too much autogen, traffic etc, and all you can eat fps away from the urban areas.

Also trying to fly the most complex airliners such as PMDG will severely impact what scenery you can display as well.  It's a limitation of the ability of the 32 bit foundation of FSX code.

Yeah its not so much the fps as it is the "lack of" textures/scenery you are able to see. Makes sense though. For now I'm going to uninstall and just have global. I fly the PMDG 737 quite a bit so if that cannot work well with SoCal then its a bust for me.

Do some nice VFR GA flying across the region and enjoy the scenery! 

Yeah I know horses for courses but the whole FTX ORBX scenery concept is based on low slow visual GA hands on flying :-)

Of course. I also fly a Cessna 182 for VFR. First add on aircraft I tried in SoCal. The problem is even at 80-120 knots the scenery and textures do not load fully making the everything look worse than default. I've never had this problem with Global and all of my add ons.