Tapini again, actually "playing around" Fane. Flight within the -3 to + 6 Gs of the SF260. I like to get disorientated a little bit. Landing with slight crosswinds at 4 o'clock. Look at the top left for flight values.

Unedited video: "what you see is what actually did happen", but with music I was listening to when flying...

Edited by raymondgoubet
  • 2 weeks later...

Its sure nice ! Landing a fully loaded 182 in Fane is aerobatics enough for me, I mean, once I've found the darn strip on its ridge:lol:   ! But the Legacy is such a sweet and nimble aircraft... You do good with her.

You should have put some external views of your daring maneuvers .  

On 6/1/2016 at 4:58 PM, dominique said:

You should have put some external views of your daring maneuvers . 

Yes, but I really don't know what video maker to go for. I would like something very capable, but that doesn't take months to learn.

Also, I like doing videos without any editing at all, to fully show what I did. This way I no longer get comments I hid things or cheated: what you see, is what did happen.

"But the Legacy is such a sweet and nimble aircraft..."

The aircraft is the SIAI Marchetti SF260 from RealAir. Quite old add on now, but still fun to fly.

26 minutes ago, raymondgoubet said:

Yes, but I really don't know what video maker to go for. I would like something very capable, but that doesn't take months to learn.

Also, I like doing videos without any editing at all, to fully show what I did. This way I no longer get comments I hid things or cheated: what you see, is what did happen.

"But the Legacy is such a sweet and nimble aircraft..."

The aircraft is the SIAI Marchetti SF260 from RealAir. Quite old add on now, but still fun to fly.

Bonsoir Raymond

For my first video, I used Movie Maker, the freebie coming along W7. Also, see the thread about cropdusting, Jim, after trying some others, went to Filmora that I didn't know . 

RealAir : Oops, my bad. I flew the SF260 in FS9 and the Legacy in FSX. This is all about getting old, you get confused :)  but, in my defence, both are sweet and nimble ! Great aircraft, loved them.

Edited by dominique

I run a 2560*1440 resolution but whatever MM does, the YouTube highest format seems to be 1920*1080 in any case. This is what you see in my video. The final resolution is not too shabby on my 27".  I am not sure that it would be as nice on a 65" but I do that for the fun of it, to give a taste of a nice flight I did to others simmers ( I do the flight and then again to shoot the movie !), specially if they don't have the scenery or the aircraft. Not gonna sell it in the MIPTV in Cannes :) ! 

It is not only paying for a software, its about the learning curve. I am not interested, at that stage to spend time learning functionalities I am not sure, I need.

Edited by dominique
2 hours ago, dominique said:

I run a 2560*1440 resolution but whatever MM does, the YouTube highest format seems to be 1920*1080 in any case. This is what you see in my video. The final resolution is not too shabby on my 27".  I am not sure that it would be as nice on a 65" but I do that for the fun of it, to give a taste of a nice flight I did to others simmers ( I do the flight and then again to shoot the movie !), specially if they don't have the scenery or the aircraft. Not gonna sell it in the MIPTV in Cannes :) ! 

It is not only paying for a software, its about the learning curve. I am not interested, at that stage to spend time learning functionalities I am not sure, I need.

Mmmhhh What do you use for video recording? Shadowplay? With Shadowplay set on High, even with a 2560x1440 monitor, it will record as 1080. For Shadowplay to record 1440, it needs to be set as custom, sdet at 1440. Be warned that Windows media player can't show the picture at 1440p, and will only play sound! I hope it helps.

I agree, I don't have time to spend ages learning a video maker software. During the week I sleep 4 h a night; I can ill afford less!

9 hours ago, dominique said:

Bonjour Raymond

Shadowplay yeah and I see now, thanks, that it does scale down to 1920*1080. Where do you customize it ? I don't see that option in the Nvidia Experience UI.

Voila la solution: J'ai fait cette video juste pour toi

5 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

I'd like to see you do that again, with the rift, don't eat before though.

cheers

Where in the video was that? I will try something better. Good opportunity to be on a diet! ;)

Edited by raymondgoubet
1 hour ago, raymondgoubet said:

Where in the video was that? I will try something better. Good opportunity to be on a diet! ;)

The whole flight, using the oculus rift, that's the new virtual reality headset, it is meant to make the whole experience more immersive, so much so that it can cause air sickness.

4 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

The whole flight, using the oculus rift, that's the new virtual reality headset, it is meant to make the whole experience more immersive, so much so that it can cause air sickness.

Ah the Oculus. Yes my PC is VR ready.

I did try the Oculus at the flight sim show at the RAF Cosford museum last October, at the Chillblast stand: around 25 mins in an F16. I did try to make myself sick, but couldn't, despite many moves of the head back  and forward and turning the head ay yhe same time. Great immersion for sure, but the one I tried would definitely a much better resolution.

I do have TrackIR, but I don't use it for videos as I have a bad back and constantly need to straighten it, so the result is the view going outside the aircraft: not pretty!