Alex Goff

Explore Acadia: Introducing KBHB Bar Harbor

Good day all,

I am please to show off my latest airport, KBHB Hancock County - Bar Harbor Airport in beautiful coastal Maine. This is the first east coast United States airport from Orbx. Designed to blend with FTX Global, along with optional additions of FTX Vector and the upcoming FTX OpenLC NA, this package provides a large area of coverage to explore Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. In addition to the highly detailed Bar Harbor Airport, the package includes all of Mt. Desert Island, one of the largest islands in the contiguous United States, along with over a dozen neighboring islands.

KBHB Bar Harbor is the fifth busiest airport in Maine, although in the summer vacation season it becomes one of the busiest in the state. It is currently serviced by Cape Air and PenAir utilizing Cessna 402's and Saab 340's, with upcoming service by Elite Airways this summer. The airport also hosts sightseeing operations, and a seaplane ramp. 

On Mount Desert Island is Acadia National Park, the oldest American national park on the east coast. Mt. Desert Island is named for its bare mountains including Cadillac Mountain, the highest mountain on the United States east coast. Miles of beautiful mountains, evergreen forests, and rocky coastlines can be found on Mt. Desert Island along with coastal villages, particularly the town of Bar Harbor. Bar Harbor is named for its sand bar that spans the harbor during low tides. 

Features

-Highly detailed rendition of KBHB Hancock County - Bar Harbor Airport
-Large 850km2 coverage area between 60 and 90cm resolution. Includes Bar Harbor, Trenton, Mt. Desert Island, the Cranberry Isles, Blue Hill Bay, Frenchman Bay, and Little Duck and Great Duck Islands
-Highly detailed static aircraft including aircraft unique to Bar Harbor.
-Advanced rendering, ambient occlusion, night-lighting, and new advanced materials for Prepar3D ground polygons
-Custom landclass, vector data, and 5m LIDAR derived mesh
-VFR landmarks and POIs including, lighthouses, harbors, marinas, and more
-Two lighthouses helipads
-One unlisted airstrip and one abandoned airstrip
-Complete set of Orbx technologies such as ObjectFlow, PeopleFlow2, StaticFlow, and more
-General aviation AI flight plans
-Designed to blend seamlessly with FTX Global along with other Global products like Vector and OpenLC (Vector and OpenLC not required)

KML

Download

Now without further ado, Bar Harbor!

Coverage

coverage.png

Screenshots

kbhb_1.jpg

kbhb_2.jpg

kbhb_3.jpg

kbhb_4.jpg

kbhb_5.jpg

kbhb_6.jpg

kbhb_7.jpg

kbhb_8.jpg

kbhb_9.jpg

kbhb_10.jpg

kbhb_11.jpg

kbhb_12.jpg

kbhb_13.jpg

kbhb_14.jpg

kbhb_15.jpg

kbhb_16.jpg

kbhb_17.jpg

kbhb_18.jpg

kbhb_19.jpg

kbhb_20.jpg

kbhb_21.jpg

kbhb_22.jpg

kbhb_23.jpg

kbhb_24.jpg

kbhb_25.jpg

kbhb_26.jpg

kbhb_27.jpg

kbhb_28.jpg

kbhb_29.jpg

kbhb_30.jpg

kbhb_31.jpg

kbhb_32.jpg

• Upvote 9

Nice to see an East Coast subject.

Excellent work with very realistic scenery  shots.

Combined with OLC NA, it will make the North East  a whole new area to explore.

TTM

• Upvote 3

Great shots, glad to have an airport in Eastern coast. Like to enjoy the realistic and beautiful scenery. 

That's an amazing package!

I'm very happy with my recently acquired KFHR, but this project could even outscore it.

Will have to position a second amphibian Scout on the East coast ...   ;-)

Made my day Alex. Great to have an east coast US airport. Your shots show an exceptional standard of work.

(Now if you could just head another 209nm east for your next project that would be even better ;)

Roger

Very nice indeed. I love sceneries with a large coverage to explore.

Also, close to Heron's Nest.

Ditto on all of the comments above about East Coast coverage.  Although I live on the West Coast, I am so excited for the OpenLC project to be released.  Will open up a whole new wide world for us.

Looks great. Seems like an expensive time coming up, what with the sale and the likes of this and OLCNA. But it's worth it! More great work from Orbx, and as far as I personally am concerned the combination of P3D and the Orbx world make for an unbeatable experience.

Hi Folks,

For those new the East Coast flying - on the off chance you haven't seen it - I'd strongly suggest you pick up Ed Cox 's freeware KGFL if you are at all into GA or even biz jet flights... Glen Falls NY - I might dare to say it's the finest GA freeware airport ever made for FS - in the continental US... I can't think of a better one and it's nearly ORBX quality... It would make for a fine launch point to fly into Alex's new gem... LOL - it's my home airport in FS... Looking forward to my first trip to ORBX Maine...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I flew into this airport about a month ago in FS. This looks much better than it currently does in my system. I'll take one. ;)

Thanks for the previews.

Thanks for looking and for your thoughts!

Next week I'll post up part two which will focus on the scenery outside the fence. Expect lighthouses, harbors, mountains, the only "fjord" on the east coast of the United States, and more. Bar Harbor and Acadia have sightseeing abound :)

• Upvote 2

Thanks for looking and for your thoughts!

Next week I'll post up part two which will focus on the scenery outside the fence. Expect lighthouses, harbors, mountains, the only "fjord" on the east coast of the United States, and more. Bar Harbor and Acadia have sightseeing abound [emoji4]

Hi Alex,

Lobster Boats ?

:)

Regards,

Scott