Just wanted to make sure that ENNK is set to work with FTXG and does not need a region for it to work with? Many thanks.

ENNK Narvik is not a freeware airport, as far as I can see.  It's not in the Europe Freeware list.  I suspect it's included in the Norway region?  Don't know.

Edit to add:  Just confirmed that ENNK is in the Norway Region.  There doesn't seem to be a freeware version.

Edited by Stewart Hobson

I think it is going to be FTXG airport yes. I've read that the mesh of the area is included in the airport. So I'd say I'm 90% sure you don't have to have any regions installed, but it's recommended. 

No Stewart, your reading into it too much.  Theres no mention of a freeware.  A FTXG airport addon is like KEGE, KTEX, KSEZ as just a few examples.  These are addon airports that exist outside of a region. But like KPSP which was created before SoCal Region it was a FTXG airport but now fits inside the region.

ENNK was started before all the Europe regions were released and was billed as a FTXG airport but having brought EGPB and latter realizing I needed SCO region, just want to make sure I dont need to buy a region for ENNK to work but if so, would like to know while the May Sale is on. 

• Upvote 1

Hi

The way I always look at what Orbx produces is this. There are two completely separate product ranges :-

FTX Global

FTX Regional

If an airport is produced for the Global range of products, it will blend into FTX Global, Vector and landclass products and will require at least FTX Global to blend right.

If the airport is produced for FTX Regional, it requires the appropriate region for it to blend right.

Trying to use an airport not intended for that particular range will mean you have to accept a not quite perfect blend of scenery.

Kind regards

Ian

This post is from almost 3 years ago and just want to make sure it is still true. I have no idea if these great preview shots and videos of ENNK are in Global or Norway.

Hi, preview shots are from FTX Norway, I'm unsure whether it will be marketed for Global or FTX Norway right now, but I can say it will work with both. 10m mesh are included for Global support.