raymondgoubet

Aerobatics in Tapini in the SF260

Nice.......but, whilst no cheating, I doubt if you would have lived to tell the tale!!. The g- meter ust have been off the clock!

Kev

Yes I would: look at the end of the video the G meter: it went from -3 to 6 Gs, which are the limits of the SF260. It's green between  -3 and 6 Gs, this is the range, and the red lines are the maximums reached during the flight: -3 to 6 Gs.

Of course this is not a Sukhoi 26 or 31... :)

The airspeed was over redline a few times too as I remember .... over maneuvering speed so I would expect to see buckles in the aluminum ...

Edited by jlindblo

Well, see my realism settings in the attached picture: aircraft stress causes damage, and detect crashes and damage. I always have all to the most difficult.

Red line speed is 236 kn, I reach 230 kn at 2:55, so I stay under under. 

Also from the SF260 manual, re loops:

"For safe, easy looping we strongly advise that you empty the tip tanks (aux left and right) [which I did <40%, see top left of screen...]
before attempting this manoeuvre. A successful loop requires at least a 4g pull up with full
power, and with high loading the SF260 can easily stall and the loop will collapse. Using
about 50% in the wing tanks is usually a good fuel load to enable high G routines such as
this. Do not yank the stick back into a loop, but apply firm back pressure. You can refer to
the included G meter
on the panel, but eventually you will instinctively get the feel for the
right amount of elevator. As the speed falls away near the top of the loop you can gradually
apply more and more elevator. Reckon on losing 100 knots from the entry point to the top of
the loop
, so the minimum speed for safe looping is around 170 knots, and when you first try
this, we advise you start with much higher airspeed (say 190 knots or more) until you get
used to handling this aircraft
. Recovering from a loop will need a fast dive and as before you
should take care not to use too much back elevator to avoid stalling."

FSX realism settings.jpg

Aerobatics is so much more fun than flying for "travel sick" passengers. I love it.

Flying heavies rarely banking over 45 deg may be rewarding, but it is not my type of flying. Bush flying, aerobatics, small bumpy airstrips: oh yes! :)

You have an envious setup that renders beautiful graphics and you've mastered FSX aerobatics well.  My comments weren't well thought out and careless because I love all kinds of flying and challenges.  Not many of us can fly that fast and that close to the limits without smacking something which I do often. 230 it was, under the redline.  :)  Congratulations .... and a great job really.  Are you using a special controller setup?  (Because I can always learn something)

Jim 

Thank you. :) I know I go close to the limits, however I like doing gentle landings. My way to thank the aircraft....

Well, I use an old Saitek Joystick, the AV8R ! I like its setup.

But I have a nice new PC: (heavily modified version of http://www.chillblast.com/chillblast-fusion-valkyrie-xb-70-ii-ultimate-flight-sim-pc.html?category_id=495)

1. CM Storm Stryker White Full Tower Gaming Case
2. Intel Core i7 5960X Haswell-E 8-Cored 3.50GHz Processor (Overclocked to 4.3 GHz)
3. Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
4. Asus Rampage V Extreme Intel X99 Motherboard
5. Asus USB 3.1 type C UPD PANEL
6. Asus USB 3.1 type A PCI card
7. 64GB Crucial DDR4 2133MHz Memory (8 x 8GB sticks)
8. Asus GeForce GTX 980 TI 6GB STRIX OC Direct CU II
9. 512GB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive
10. 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive
11. 2 Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive in RAID 1 Configuration
12. Blu-Ray ReWriter
13. Akasa AK-ICR-14 17 in 1 3.5" Internal USB 3.0 Card Reader
14. Corsair AX 1200i 80 PLS Platinum Modular 1200W PSU
15. Creative Sound Blaster ZX Gaming Soundcard
16. Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Unfortunately, the X99 chipset shares lanes and the Asus USB 3.1 type C UPD PANEL can stop working after using other USBs! Nothing is perfect. ;)

8 hours ago, raymondgoubet said:

Well, I use an old Saitek Joystick, the AV8R ! I like its setup.

Which is a pretty premium joystick from my research ... and not cheap.  I could use more buttons on my inexpensive Logitech joystick for sure. I have that same case ....  I call it Star Trek on my network. And that's one serious computer .... you could switch from gaming to video rendering in a flash and never have a hiccup. Your fps would be pretty solid no matter where you fly.  I would say that you're in IT to maintain that much technology.  :D And I understand about sacrificing lanes!!  Nice setup and congratulations.  

Edited by jlindblo
add

The Stryker case is very nice, and with a handle. Very handy. Yes this is a nice PC. Unfortunately FSX, even FSX SE only uses 1 core, so FPS can go down to 25 in busy locations. But future flight sims should use multicore better. Indeed a high end PC needs attention, it's like a baby...

I am off flying in PNG again. 

6 hours ago, raymondgoubet said:

The Stryker case is very nice, and with a handle. Very handy. Yes this is a nice PC. Unfortunately FSX, even FSX SE only uses 1 core, so FPS can go down to 25 in busy locations. But future flight sims should use multicore better. Indeed a high end PC needs attention, it's like a baby...

I am off flying in PNG again. 

Yes ,..,., love the handle. High powered systems are indeed like a baby ...  touchy, cranky, will even bite you quite often. :blink:  I ended  up liking the free Pilatus FC-6 for the strips, although I did take my B-25 into the ridge strip ONB.  FNE is another ridge strip, Boridi is in a hole ....  and Emo Mission is kinda nice, especially coming into the waterfalls.  Although you've probably been into them already, but I can do them more than once .. fun stuff.