Hi all. Got  a question for you. Beside FED EX and UPS, lots of small carriers work the commercial cargo trade. What planes are best for the kinds of routes they fly? I'm thinking of the STOL strips in Alaska, PNG, Idaho, Africa, etc. I have tried the Cessna Caravan, Beech 99, Kodiak Quest, Pilatus Porter, and the Aero Commander. All worked well and were lots of fun. What others should I try? Thanks!

DHC-5 Buffalo. Drop-down rear loading ramp, STOL, pilot-friendly, speed brake. My first choice for heavier loads.

jsapair

How could I have forgotten the Beaver and the Twin Otter? And the Buffalo and the Caribou? The AN2?

Never considered the PC-12 but sure will add it to the list.

Thanks, everyone. Great suggestions. I'm looking forward to some interesting experiences!

This is one of my favorite.... mostly military but that can be change with livery.

At first I thought it was stopping way to fast until I saw the real one do the same. Kind of a small C130-hercule

Men it's fun to fly...

Ben

70756_c27j_4.jpg

70759_c27j_7.jpg

image.php?id=19843&type=D

Hi Rodger,

if you are looking for an aircraft with less runway needed than the Pilatus Porter you should take a Helicopter :-)

Also, there is a small Cargo Carrier in EDDF using Beech 1900.