Sign in to follow this  
clmurf

switching to p3d

I am looking to switch from fsx to p3d but are worried about the system requirements. If fsx can be run alright will p3d be the same or does it require a better computor

It would be most helpful if you posted your computer specs so that folks can comment whether you need to upgrade your rig or not.

gpu brand, model number and gpu memory, operating system, hard drive type-mechanical or ssd size and available space would be nice to know.

On 11/04/2016 at 1:05 AM, clmurf said:

where do I find this info

That will depend on which Windows version you are using. List out the things mentioned by CycloneMike. Quick Google of "how to find" and just go step by step.

There you will find pictures of what menu items you are looking for

Assuming Windows 7 - quick way click start button then find System Info

Ideally put those in your signature for this forum. RH click on your member name and select settings.

All this you can find detailed - Take the time to Google it

Recommended signature has the specs listed as does mine so people can help you easily as they can see limitations of specific hardware

As far as P3D goes, its a big step up in visual quality. Even if you have to scale everything down it will still be better than FSX

When you eventually upgrade your computer, you already have the SW and all your budget at that time can go to hardware

Edited by aero-3fsx

On 11.4.2016 at 9:21 PM, clmurf said:

intel Pentium 2.7ghz, 4gb ram

Seriously... get a new computer. You won't be having fun with that old piece of hardware.

While I have doubts you computer can run P3D, overall I think most modern computers run P3D better the FSX. 

I first got into flight sims using FSX and got it running pretty good with 'good' visuals. I was puzzled though at my lack of frame rates at higher visual settings, especially since I had a pretty good PC. No way I can run P3D if I can't run FSX at max. Well one day I decided to try P3D anyways and wow! Not only could I run it, I could run it almost at max visual settings and a very good frame rate. P3D just uses more of your PC's muscles then FSX which mainly just looks at processor power.