53 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

Another masterpiece, I've flown this area so many times while testing, and your videos inspire me to do it all again, just really great movie making.

thanks again

Ken

Thank You ... I do appreciate that.

Jim

wow, just wow, approaching and music and flight, and scene... may be stutters can be prevented if change clouds textures to dxt instead 32bit, if no cumulus besisde aircraft is ok, if dxt cumulus is beside it will really ugly, but in this foggy is would be nice, imho

or is can be compromised, cumulus is 32bit, and other - dxt, till p3d will x64...

other words, video - just perfect, p3d is only almost perfect hehehe

Edited by daladna
5 hours ago, daladna said:

wow, just wow, approaching and music and flight, and scene... may be stutters can be prevented if change clouds textures to dxt instead 32bit, if no cumulus besisde aircraft is ok, if dxt cumulus is beside it will really ugly, but in this foggy is would be nice, imho

or is can be compromised, cumulus is 32bit, and other - dxt, till p3d will x64...

other words, video - just perfect, p3d is only almost perfect hehehe

Thanks for your suggestions daladna .... I struggle a lot with trying to eliminate the jerkiness and have tried all the default FSX weather as well as Orbx's weather and clouds.  No luck. Last night I installed Active Sky Next and I will see if that helps on the next video.  Yesterday I also removed my fsx.cfg and let it rebuild to see if that helps.  Of course I had to re-tune for my settings to work right. I also just changed my video card from a GTX 950 to a GTX 780  ... I don't know if that helped or not.  It should though.  I tried YouTube's suggestion on it's page ... "We detected jerkiness on your video, would you like us to fix it?".  Well ... that made it even worse.  My system should have all the power it needs ...  i5 6600K with Samsung SM951.M.S ssd. You suggested changing cloud textures to DirectX .... Is that a simple switch in FSX or are the steps to make the change?  I am always willing to try things to improve ....   So thank you for your suggestions. :)

3 hours ago, jlindblo said:

Thanks for your suggestions daladna .... I struggle a lot with trying to eliminate the jerkiness and have tried all the default FSX weather as well as Orbx's weather and clouds.  No luck. Last night I installed Active Sky Next and I will see if that helps on the next video.  Yesterday I also removed my fsx.cfg and let it rebuild to see if that helps.  Of course I had to re-tune for my settings to work right. I also just changed my video card from a GTX 950 to a GTX 780  ... I don't know if that helped or not.  It should though.  I tried YouTube's suggestion on it's page ... "We detected jerkiness on your video, would you like us to fix it?".  Well ... that made it even worse.  My system should have all the power it needs ...  i5 6600K with Samsung SM951.M.S ssd. You suggested changing cloud textures to DirectX .... Is that a simple switch in FSX or are the steps to make the change?  I am always willing to try things to improve ....   So thank you for your suggestions. :)

hi, is up to you, and your nature :) dxt is compressed textures, what save some resource of ram and videocard, so it could be added from some addon or changes by you, i use rex4+soft clouds, if you install asn, is can some help if asn got high performance themes with compressed clouds textures, in any way most of problem with thos dxt cumulus clouds in night time when you go inside cloud is filtering like bilinear even with x16 af in settings 

about video card, well, for fsx if you use dx9 i think you will got not very much with this upgrade, but some scenes may be will got some improving, in p3d videocard is very-very important, sure if use all "feechez"

if you use dx10 especially with sparse grid aa, you will really happy with 780, i think so, befor my 980 i used 560ti in fsx with dx10 fixer, and only one way was to got good picture + performance is x2 msaa in fixer + x2 in inspector sparse grid, even in p3d with biig improve i stay with this settings and add  2x ssaa in p3d.cfg, and found what you can use x16 filtering, but only without overcast, in nasy soap x2 is absolutely enough for quality and real visualisation of my point of view, i stay with af x2 even with clear sky, and can not see much difference with x16,, i was sure you use p3d, but without casting shadows in bad weather, because in p3d you can see shadows even with cloudy and even with multilayer :( shadows everywhere in the aircraft from trees and objects, they look preatty weak in "bad" weather, but without sun see shadows is to strange even for me:)

in any way if you use fsx i think i can not give good advice, i do not fly it really long time, so i even do not know how dx10 fixer good in this days... but when i flew fsx with it it was really good, and fix almost every one incompatible thing for me

excuse me for large text

Edited by daladna

There is something about your videos.....  the last music you used, I stole it :D

You come from a long way and your getting there, filming from the front and low is hard on most rig, forget this view.

You have to smooth your EZDOCK transition, low down the acceleration speed. 

I will try to film me with Bandicam wile playing with EZDOCK effect

Ben

4 hours ago, Benny said:

There is something about your videos.....  the last music you used, I stole it :D

You come from a long way and your getting there, filming from the front and low is hard on most rig, forget this view.

You have to smooth your EZDOCK transition, low down the acceleration speed. 

I will try to film me with Bandicam wile playing with EZDOCK effect

Thank you Benny .....  and you bet, help yourself to any music you want to add to your collections.   You are right about the transition ... I'm always frustrated with that but I'll go back and see if I can slow down the mouse speed which will perhaps smooth the stutters.  Bandicam ?  Hmmm ... I have not heard of that and will Google it up.  Always learning something, that is for sure.

Thanks daladna for taking the time to put all that together.  My goal is to always be learning something and smart enough to make it work.  Winter gives me the most time ... and with Spring coming up the planes go in the hanger till winter comes back.  But of course ...  a flight here and there now and then.

Jim