Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey all!

 

I took these approach shots at O60 and couldn't resist posting them. They were taken in FSX using FTX HD Trees.

O60 - Cloverdale Municipal Airport is having some finishing touches applied and will be with you soon. I hope you enjoy just a couple more shots!

 

K1r7Gn7JoK6ELCE568117dc9efda.jpg
e4HbdTh2HkFOQRz568117d80a641.jpg

- Russ

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent timber mill in 1st shot - good roofing/rust.

2nd shot looks like a crop - the towers are bird cannon??, looks like propane or air tank  at the bottom. ??

What's the crop??

 

TTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Excellent timber mill in 1st shot - good roofing/rust.

2nd shot looks like a crop - the towers are bird cannon??, looks like propane or air tank  at the bottom. ??

What's the crop??

 

TTM

Hey TTM,

 

They are vineyards. We researched the area and apparently those turbines fan warm air to keep frost off :)

 

We've animated them so the approach has movement from the turbines and people in the lumber yard.

 

Thanks,

Russ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Russell Linn said:

Hey TTM,

 

They are vineyards. We researched the area and apparently those turbines fan warm air to keep frost off :)

 

We've animated them so the approach has movement from the turbines and people in the lumber yard.

 

Thanks,

Russ

I thought it might be.

Do the grape vines change size during the season changes? ie, grow?? :)

I used to pick grapes at a friends vineyard in NZ & some of his neighbors had small blade wind turbines to shift air during frosts. 

Prior to that if a bad frost was forecast when the grapes were budding the district brought in helicopters to hover over the vineyards & disturb the air.

At 3 am! Not popular with the local residents.

TTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impressive looking sheds in the first shot and great attention to detail in the second.

When we lived in Red Cliffs NW Victoria  one vineyard close to us had the  wind mills to keep the frost off, sounded like a big helicopter. Have them in various places around here too. The big orchard up the road from us have the hail cannons too, you can always tell when a thunder storm is close by with their cannons going off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Russell...visited the site today specifically to see if there was any update to this one. Awesome timing Sir!

Very very much looking forward to this to help flesh out the N.Cal area.

 

Suggestion:

Would love an package of "Small N.Cal Fields" if such a thing is possible to really "Flesh out" the area. Ie...forget all the effort and detail you amazing artists usually expend on "The Big Field" and make a package with sweet little fields/strips like Ocean Ridge, Gualala...Angwin Parret, 2o3...Boonville...the Sonoma fields....for example (those happen to be my personal favorites...), but something along the line of a package with 6-10 private strips/fields instead of the usual  " K### + maybe a little field somewhere else " sort of thing would be awesome in my opinion.

 

I was introduced to ORBx type stuff thanks to just that kind of package by Misha Cajik...his 3 Small Fields up in the Oregon/Washington area that preceded his direct collaboration with ORBx.

Would love more like that.

 

Oh...Cloverdale is looking amazing. :) Holding my breath for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Captain Coffee said:

Thanks Russell...visited the site today specifically to see if there was any update to this one. Awesome timing Sir!

Very very much looking forward to this to help flesh out the N.Cal area.

 

Suggestion:

Would love an package of "Small N.Cal Fields" if such a thing is possible to really "Flesh out" the area. Ie...forget all the effort and detail you amazing artists usually expend on "The Big Field" and make a package with sweet little fields/strips like Ocean Ridge, Gualala...Angwin Parret, 2o3...Boonville...the Sonoma fields....for example (those happen to be my personal favorites...), but something along the line of a package with 6-10 private strips/fields instead of the usual  " K### + maybe a little field somewhere else " sort of thing would be awesome in my opinion.

 

I was introduced to ORBx type stuff thanks to just that kind of package by Misha Cajik...his 3 Small Fields up in the Oregon/Washington area that preceded his direct collaboration with ORBx.

Would love more like that.

 

Oh...Cloverdale is looking amazing. :) Holding my breath for it.

Have you tried Orbx- KBLU Blue Canyon? :) that's 3 high detail airports for the price of one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Russell Linn said:

Have you tried Orbx- KBLU Blue Canyon? :) that's 3 high detail airports for the price of one.

 

Yep...i have pretty much everything in California Russell. :) And the KBLU package is more like 2 1/4 airports...Limberlost is pretty tiny. KBLU is beautiful, and Ganser is a great place though with the helipad...and both are larger than the type of field set I was thinking about. I am hoping for more like a package of Limberlosts and slightly larger type fields that dot the gps between all the larger municipal and regional "airports"...and yeah...I know there are zillions of them...how do you choose? lol.

 

Cheers, thanks for your work on these things. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Captain Coffee said:

 

Yep...i have pretty much everything in California Russell. :) And the KBLU package is more like 2 1/4 airports...Limberlost is pretty tiny. KBLU is beautiful, and Ganser is a great place though with the helipad...and both are larger than the type of field set I was thinking about. I am hoping for more like a package of Limberlosts and slightly larger type fields that dot the gps between all the larger municipal and regional "airports"...and yeah...I know there are zillions of them...how do you choose? lol.

 

Cheers, thanks for your work on these things. :)

Personally I think that what Limberlost lacks in size, it more than makes up for in fun. That's why it was chosen :) there's a lot of value there.

 

Me and Greg always favour doing multiple airports, but most of the time the decision making isn't as straight forward as it appears at first. We've definitely been looking in to your suggestion for a while, along with other ideas, so you never know :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I like Limberlost, I am glad you chose that one.  I hope are able to find another good group of three, say over there in the Napa wine region.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Limberlost is by far my favorit field of those three. Actually my most used OrbX product is the Kokoda package of Tim and Ken.

Ofc I do realize that fields capable of handling Q400 are better sales, and that my preference of small GA planes is rather niche. That's why I really do appreciate such gems as your and Misha's (MCA) triples, Kokoda and all stuff by RTMM and OzX.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...