Hello,

Not really a support question, but I was flying over Tumut (YTMU) today, and could not see the river flowing from the Dam (also not shown) and through the valley. Its fairly large.

Does anybody else see it?

Allan

Someone from Oziex did the river and dam many moons ago, I do not recall who it was (Elias perhaps?) but I have just searched the site, and find no mention of it..Perhaps some of the old timers might recall it? Teecee.

Edited by teecee

Thanks.

Yes I have that, as they actually live at Tumut and I have flown out of there a couple of times. But no river. Also the river that flows through Wagga Wagga seemed to end/start odd on my system also.

Allan

Okay Allan,

I thought that may be the case. Shepparton has a similar issue with most of the Goulburn River missing.

I think it goes back to the fact that this was, from memory, the first FTX area that orbx did (AU blue).

They have moved from strength to strength since then. Maybe one day a rejig my occur.

Peter

Depends often on the geo data available that is used to generate the FS scenery.  Often rivers that are intermittent (I don't think the Tumut River falls under that category though) will not be shown in the scenery.  I suspect that some rivers are drawn in the geodata as a single line when they pass through a narrow section and it's probable that the FS conversion tools don't draw that section as a river.

The original devs will know more but I know there are limitations on what you can produce in a 10 million sq km package that sells for under $100.

I assume you have installed Australia SP4 and "Oceania" aktive in FTX Central? In this case you have to uncheck all Vector-entries in the scenery library and you will see at least some sections of the Tumut River. If you have the Vector entries checked though, you won't see anything of the river.

• Upvote 1