ACTIVE Vector auto scan not finding CYSW when Orbx NRM is installed

Only given a helping hand here, the CYSW that must be installed are:

AEC not disable:

====================================

C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NRM05_SCENERY\Scenery\ADE_FTX_NRM_CYSW_Sparwood-Elk_Valley_CVX.bgl

C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NRM05_SCENERY\Scenery\FTX_NRM_objects_CYSW_PLC.bgl

C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC\scenery\AEC_CYSW.bgl

C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\ABP_CYSW.bgl

C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\ABP_CYSW_Default.inactive

C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\APT_CYSW.bgl

C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\OFF\ADE_FTX_NRM_CYSW_elevation_adjustment.BGL

C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\ADE_FTX_NRM_CYSW_elevation_adjustment.BGL

====================================

Cheers,

Voyager

Hello again,

I see nothing wrong with this airport either with NRM active or

without.

I have not disabled AEC for it.

Which of the files in your picture do you feel should be disabled?

The AEC and APT files need to be disabled by the auto scanner or else you get duplicate afcad files, that causes problems in elevation and memory leaks. I've posted before about this issue I do not understand the difficulty in accepting that duplicate afcad files layer ontop of each other is not good to have in flightsim. The autoscanner finds and disables almost every airport for all the addons you have except sometimes a couple are not disabled. so i reported them here and hopefully the issue in the scanner can be fixed. You have replied to other posts of mine explaining this issue. so tell me, if duplicate afcads is not a big deal, there shouldn't be any need to have the autoscanner in the vector program in the first place.

As far as I am aware, the Vector "scanner" works on the basis of whether or not an airport's elevation

needs to be changed to fit with Fs Global mesh, both being products made by Pilots.

I confess to not fully understanding how this works but I do know that if an airport has AEC disabled,

a ****default .bgl file is activated instead, so there will always be at least two files active for every

airport affected.

Take a look at thise shots:

Along with my post #3 above, I see that there is no problem/issue!

VECTORCYSW27-10-201517-47-24.jpg

CYSW2015-10-27_17-45-18-260.jpg

What is happening in your PC?

Indeed, Vector should have adjusted CYSW on your PC, getting as mine, under the shots above.

Vector installation is corrupted Imho!

Cheers,

Voyager

As far as I am aware, the Vector "scanner" works on the basis of whether or not an airport's elevation

needs to be changed to fit with Fs Global mesh, both being products made by Pilots.

I confess to not fully understanding how this works but I do know that if an airport has AEC disabled,

a ****default .bgl file is activated instead, so there will always be at least two files active for every

airport affected.

since the airport is being covered by the Orbx region as I posted, the scanner should disable the airport for the default vector files since the Orbx region does the afcad and elevation. That's the point of my post here to tell the vector team their scanner is missing some airports it should find and disable.

Take a look at thise shots:

Along with my post #3 above, I see that there is no problem/issue!

VECTORCYSW27-10-201517-47-24.jpg

CYSW2015-10-27_17-45-18-260.jpg

What is happening in your PC?

Indeed, Vector should have adjusted CYSW on your PC, getting as mine, under the shots above.

Vector installation is corrupted Imho!

Cheers,

Voyager

There is nothing wrong on my pc, the airport is not being disabled by the autoscanner as it should be since I have the Orbx region installed that covers that airport instead.

So, as said above, and my first shot shows, your Vector installation is corrupted, because in my PC is working the disable function to CYSW.

Unless better judgment, you'd better uninstall Vector and reinstall it again.

Cheers,

Voyager

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2015, 5:11:25, Voyager said:
So, as said above, and my first shot shows, your Vector installation is corrupted, because in my PC is working the disable function to CYSW.

Unless better judgment, you'd better uninstall Vector and reinstall it again.

Cheers,

Voyager

Nothing in my Vector is corrupted. The scanner is not picking up CYSW and disabling it when I have the Orbx NA regions installed.

Watch this,  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/67223-video-which-shows-how-ftx-global-layers-transform-the-world/  

It will give you a better understanding of what Vector does, and doesn't do. Really doesn't have anything do do with afcads... read this -https://fullterrain.com/product/ftxgvector

Sue

Edited by Penzoil3
more info
On 11/15/2015, 10:21:15, B77X said:

Nothing in my Vector is corrupted. The scanner is not picking up CYSW and disabling it when I have the Orbx NA regions installed.

When running the auto-configuration tool for AECs, is the Orbx region in question active?

Also: the assumption that the airport needs to be corrected just because there is an add-on airport that handles elevation itself is wrong, because it depends on whether there is a resulting conflict or not. There are airport add-ons that rely on the default elevation (and also airport boundary polygons) which is why we activate the "Default.bgl" for disabled airports.

Cheers,

Bernd

• 4 months later...
On 11/16/2015 at 4:50 AM, Bernd Podhradsky said:

When running the auto-configuration tool for AECs, is the Orbx region in question active?

Also: the assumption that the airport needs to be corrected just because there is an add-on airport that handles elevation itself is wrong, because it depends on whether there is a resulting conflict or not. There are airport add-ons that rely on the default elevation (and also airport boundary polygons) which is why we activate the "Default.bgl" for disabled airports.

Cheers,

Bernd

The AEC Vector scanner should find CYSW it is activated I can see it in the AFX afcad. Both the AEC bgl files and the Orbx NRM files are activated at the same time. The Vector scan should disable AEC for CYSW but it is not doing this. Why? After running the AEC auto scan each time I have to manually enter CYSW and disable it.

Same problem for CYCB airport, CYCB is part of the Freeware NA pack. Vector auto scan not disabling the AEC files for this airport either.

Edited by B77X

Also AEC does not disable for SCA airports

Why are there so many airports that the AEC scanner does not disable? SCA bgl files should be found instead.

33CL

1L3

5CL7

KBUR

KEED

KIFP

KNUC

KNZJ

KRAL

KSBD

KVCV

L18