Rodger Pettichord

are there good WWII planes commercially available?

Hi, all. I've been doing a lot of WWII flying lately using mostly freeware planes. Most of these are updates of old Alphasim planes or port-overs from CS2 and CS3. These planes are pretty good for what they are but are not at all up to modern standards. Does anyone know of a company that sells a range of WWII aircraft designed fresh for FSX? Thanks.

Hi, all. I've been doing a lot of WWII flying lately using mostly freeware planes. Most of these are updates of old Alphasim planes or port-overs from CS2 and CS3. These planes are pretty good for what they are but are not at all up to modern standards. Does anyone know of a company that sells a range of WWII aircraft designed fresh for FSX? Thanks.

A2A comes to my mind!

A2A's accusimmed warbirds are some of the best available, they have B-17G, P-51D Military and Civilian, P-40B/C, Spitfire Mk I/II, and P-47.  If you have any of the A2A civilian GA aircraft, you know how detailed A2A planes are.  Beaware if you get these planes with their accusim packs, you will be exposed to dealing with all the aircrafts systems....if you enjoy things like detailed systems and learn how to really start and manage a big V-12 or radial, A2A is the way to go.  A2A also has an AT-6 in the works.

Classics Hangar has some wonderful German warbirds available such as FW-190A/D and TA-152 variants.

RealAir has a nice latemodel Spitfire.

Warbirdsim has some fantastic P-51 models available too.

Flight Replica has some warbirds too.

Ant's airplanes has a fantastic T-28 series.

Cheers

TJ

I have both A2A's B-17( as well as all of their other warbirds) and Aeroplane Heaven's B-17,  If you're looking for the "real deal" as Aussieflier 38 said then get the A2A version. However, if price is a concern and you want to just "get in and go" then the Aeroplane Heaven version is the way to go.  Both models are aesthetically well done so no need feeling as though you've gotten a lesser quality bird.

Gary

A2A, most definitely. I have got the P40, P47, both with Accusim. They are a handful but that's because they are very realistic. Once you get past the fear of the unknown and persevere with them, you will never fly freeware again.

Vertigo planes are not that good, imo. A2A is the gold standard, and I like the P40 best, but the Claasics Hangar birds are quite good as well, and Ant's Trojan is one of my favorite planes to fly for military sightseeing. I don't have the Milviz birds, so have no opinion on them.

A2A comes to my mind!

+1

A2A, the best in town with their Spitfire, Mustang, B-17... outstanding products. And with their AccuSim upgradings.