As I said in a post a couple of days ago to @TigerTigerM I am very susceptible to certain flights after seeing them on the forum and this one is no exception, I had to go back to PNG for a "fix" of an hour or two and here are the results!
175 nm 350* N from Moresby Airport AYPY to Nadzab Airport AYNZ in Lae, PNG, nice mountainous flight. FL110 was a bit high for the DC3 but we made it fine (slight headaches for crew).
1. Just finished loading the cargo at the gate, ready for taxi to 32L
2.Lined up and waiting for clearance!
3. Tailwheel up, rolling nicely!
4. V1 - Rotate, Positive rate!
5. Gear up, on our way out of the area!
6. Our first mountain view (looks lush and dense)!
7. Nice and hazy shot in the distance.
8. First view of the valley leading to AYNZ City of Lae in the distance ahead.
9. Airport is to our left, we want Rwy 27.
10. I guess you'll just have to take my word, we are lined up with 27, approach speed 80 kts
11. Getting close now, everything good!
12. Here we are!
13. Told ya we were lined up good! Hope you enjoyed the flight & Thanks for looking