I’m thrilled to unveil the next project for Prepar3D v4 from Rasha Tucakov and myself - LYBE Belgrade Nikola Tesla International Airport in Serbia. This project has been a delight for us to work on, it is Rasha’s home airport, as well as an airport I’ve passed through many times when visiting my family that lives in the city.
Belgrade Airport is one of the fastest growing airports in Europe, with over 5.5 million passengers passing through in the last year. As the gateway to a city growing quickly in popularity amongst tourists, it receives a huge amount of scheduled and charter airline traffic, and acts as the main hub for Serbia’s flag carrier, Air Serbia. With a runway over 10,000ft long, you can pretty much fly any aircraft in here with ease. Whether you are flying to one of our nearby destinations such as Dubrovnik or Pula, or hopping in a small plane to fly low and slow above the city, this airport will cater to any kind of flying you wish to do!
We have modeled the entire airport in superb detail using extensive real-world photography, including interior modelling throughout the entire terminal building, making sure you have an immersive experience no matter which gate you start your flight at. There's also plenty of landside details to feast your eyes on - most noteworthy by far is the air museum, with every outside exhibit custom-modeled. Beyond the airport, we’ve included a comprehensive CityScene, covering the majority of the Belgrade metro area in exquisite detail - with hundreds of POIs, apartment blocks, bridges and landmarks modeled in high detail, this is one of our most detailed and realistic cities to date. We have created all of this with the latest P3Dv4 native technologies and optimizations, making sure that you can fly here with even the most resource intensive aircraft.
AT A GLANCE
- Ultra-detailed rendition of Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport
- Complete hand-coloured 5 seasonal variants
- Long runway suitable for any kind of airliner operations
- Animated SODE jetways
- Superbly crafted terminal with interior modelling and custom reflections
- High detail multi-elevation parking lots and arrivals/departures areas
- Custom static aircraft, vegetation, and non-airside details
- Animated vehicles, GSE and PeopleFlow
- Advanced ambient occlusion and night lighting rendering techniques
- Designed to work best with Orbx Global or OpenLC Europe
- Developed for Prepar3D v4
- Hundreds of custom POIs and buildings, including Usce, New Belgrade, Church of St. Sava, Beogradjanka, Avala Tower, VMA, Red Star Stadium, Palace of Serbia, and many more!
- All major bridges in the city custom modelled
- Over 100 square km of hand annotated, seasonal 50cm photoreal terrain to explore
- A huge extended area of custom landclass, mesh, roads and rivers beyond the primary coverage area, seamlessly blending with the photoreal coverage
We know many of you have been eagerly awaiting a new P3Dv4 location; work is progressing at a lightning pace, and we're very much looking forward to showing you more details of this project over the coming week!
Rasha and Misha